Some older installations of Windows do not detect GoldKey tokens properly. On these machines, it may be necessary to update or install the CCID driver. The following procedure may be used if your computer is having trouble detecting your GoldKeys:
- Download the USB CCID driver to your Desktop.
- Extract all the files from the CAB file. This can be accomplished by opening the CAB file and dragging the included files onto your Desktop.
- Right-click on the INF file and click Install.
After installing this driver, insert your GoldKey token into your computer. If your token is still not detected, you will need to uninstall it from within Device Manager. To uninstall the GoldKey:
- From the Start menu, right-click on My Computer and click Properties.
- In the Hardware tab, click on the Device Manager button.
- Under Smart Card Readers you will find a USB Smart Card reader device with a yellow exclamation point beside it. Right-click on this device and click Uninstall.
- Re-insert your GoldKey token into your computer.